Decorating for the holidays is one of my favorite things to do, especially now that it’s Halloween season! This past weekend my mom and I decided to get crafty and started to decorate some pumpkins. After all the endless hours we’ve spent on Pinterest, we finally decided to try out a few of our favorites and even came up with a few nifty ideas of our own!
The first one we decided to try out was a white painted pumpkin with sequins polka dots.
- Start by drawing a small circle on the white pumpkin with glue.
- Then placed the sequins on top of the glue circle (don’t worry, for the small sequins I just sprinkled them above where I placed the glue – it saved a lot of time!)
- Continue this until the pumpkin is filled with sequins polka dots.
- To complete the look, use Martha Stewert’s Multi-Surface Glitter Acrylic Craft Paint in Gold for the stem to add a little extra sparkle!
The next one I wanted simple because I wanted to keep it in my updated bedroom. Sometimes I feel like less is more, and in this case it worked perfectly!
- Paint the entire pumpkin with Martha Stewert’s Multi-Surface Metallic Acrylic Craft Paint in Sterling. (I did have to do a few coats in order for the metallic paint to cover the pumpkin completely!)
Before we left the craft store, my mom saw these cute black buttons and she thought they’d be a perfect for one of our pumpkins (and I have to say mother knows best!)
- Paint this one with the Martha Stewert’s Multi-Surface Pearl Acrylic Craft Paint in Pink Tafetta. (I believe I only had to use two coats of paint and it didn’t take too long to completely dry.)
- Glue the buttons on however you like! Instead of doing words, you can randomly place them or spell out whatever you like – we just thought that “BOO” was perfect for the occasion 🙂
Which one do you like the best? Let me know in the comments below!